The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, January 16, 2011

One Act

one act
can change a person's life
for good or bad
teetering on the brink
of something big
then bang!
diving off the cliff
soar or drop
like a dead weight
sink or swim
it's up to you
in your hands
you may hold something
far more precious than
gold
take care
my friend
curl your fingers
gently
steer them in the right direction
into the sunrise
not the rain
be careful
hold it firmly
because if you don't
it can slip away
forever lost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.