The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, January 24, 2011

Goons and Trees

Today will have two poems: One is the usual, semi-serious haiku, and the other I am dying to put in even though it has no reason or meaning. It is completely zany and wacky and whimsical...

The Tree
by Claire

The tree stands alone
Waving gently in the breeze
Surrounded by life

My attempt at a lymerick...I guess it's just not my forte.

There once was a goon
Who lived on the moon
He ranted and raved
Then smiled and waved
Then he started to play the bassoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.