The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moon

Moon
By Claire

A slivery orb hangs low
in the great pie pan
of the sky
pin pricks of light
tickle her
and she laughs and laughs
we wonder
why is she called the man in the moon?
she sulks
on ocasion
then turns her bright
and shining face
to earth
delighting anyone
who cares to look upwards
smiling
and catching people off gaurd
silently  gliding
over the surface of the pie pan
sleepily chuckling
as the stars prick her
one last time
before she is lost in the sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.