The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Tempest

tem-pest
noun.
A voilent windy storm.

the sounds and sights of the theater
"shall hum about mine ears...that when I waked, I cried to dream again"
that dream of actors
strutting the stage, playing their parts as the story unfolds
the angry king, lost of a son and crying along the beaches
caliban, the monster
whose words will open up a passage
into the island. sweet and melancholy
brimming with revenge
the set-shelves of twinkling lights
artwork, books with tattered covers
knick-knacks
then the words
sliding across my ears and into
my soul
beautiful and heart breaking
the words of a playwright
whose reign started hundreds of years ago
and will never end
wherever the tempest brings you
it has you in its grasp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.