The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fight for your Life

Every time I run astray
Onto solid, morbid ground
I turn back into the fray
Hungry as is any hound

To prove myself to masses here
And to myself, for who am I?
Who lurks and sulks both far and near
And prowls dreaming on the sly

Into the battle I am thrust
Seeking allies through my life
Who is weak and who can trust
Me, the illusion of strife

Friendships come and friendships go
Jumping waves and mountains high
Some are quick and others slow
Reaching ever towards the sky

So fight this war. It is your last
Streaming glory at its height
Dreaming now of seasons past
Sing it loud, it is your fight.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that this poem was very interesting. It made me wonder what prompted you to write it. It was very well-written, with great word choices and imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.