The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nostalgia

Sweet nostalgia is
Drinking from the honeyed cup of the past
Delighting in the sunlight
Golden memories
Swift they fly towards you
Alight on window sills and trees
Of flaxen leaves and amber blossoms
The reminiscent color of the past
Floating clouds of butterscotch
Smiles framed in sunshine
Laughs which tinkle and throw
Caramel colored beams across the walls
Bouncing beauty
Sounds and smells and sights
Tinted yellow in the bank of memory
So carefully hidden away
A cavern of thoughts and emotions
Glittering with crystals of gold
Scenes from the past
So willingly brought forth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.