The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Sea

the ocean sings a different song
on any given day
a sad ballad or a rock tune
filled with salty spray

its colors range from emerald
to the purest azure blue
from pale turquoise to icy grey
there's always something new

across the frothy tips of waves
zephyrs dance on tiny feet
and little sailboats cling to shore
ready to accept defeat

the black sea growls through its teeth
as morbid clouds seep into the waves
its fists thrash out to pummel ships
the ocean cries and rants and raves

no sooner than the gale begins
it starts to lose its rage
and then the book of grand adventure
turns another page

the fiery ball of sun comes out
from behind a cloud it peers
the slate grey ocean now feels guilty
it sheds many salty tears

now jovial the ocean sings
the jolly songs of sailors past
and sparkling and twinkling in midday light
brings joy to every hull and mast

the tide rolls in, the tide rolls out
imprisoned by the moon
yet when the tide recedes again
it always seems too soon

though temperamental as a child
the sea is with us all
we hear the rumble in our ears
rejoice at every squall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.