The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little Explanation of the Beginning of Snow

The sun was shining
From behind a pale cloud
The rays of golden light
Drifted lazily downward
Then the cloud grew
Impatient
Unwanted
Jealous of the attention the sun was getting
So the cloud
Slowly began to bottle up 
All the negative thoughts
First only a little 
Then a lot
The cloud began to grow
It ballooned into a large mass
A tumor in the sky
Dark grey 
Black as soot
Yet the people did not like this new change
The cloud grew more grey, more depressed
Then slowly, all of the thoughts and opinions 
The cloud had formed
Began to squeeze out
Ooze between the seams
The cloud
Let out one final deep breath
And 
BOOM!
The cloud shattered into a 
Million 
Tiny 
Pieces
Shards of cloud
White with strain
Began to plummet toward the ground
As they skyrocketed towards the innocent people
On earth
They slowed
And sprinkled the soil 
With dots of white
Crisp and cold
These pieces of cloud were given 
A name
By the people of earth
These soul bits were referred to as 
Snowflakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.