The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, March 31, 2011

After a Loss

After a while you start to find
Your mouth still turns up at the edges
Your face still crinkles when you laugh
You still have a heart that beats a steady rhythm
Deep down inside
Past the anger
The sadness and weight of the world
You still have hope
A smile
A laugh
When all else fails
When your world comes thundering down
Around your aching shoulders
You can still turn your face to the sky
Watch the horizon
And find new courage
A courage to live on
To embrace everything
And everyone
Your mind becomes
As optimistic as a glass three quarters full of orange juice
A bunch of daffodils smiling up at the sun
That pain and anger and sadness is tucked away
Still present, but swept away
Replaced by memories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.