The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lost Love

What if all of the love was lost?
The world covered in ice and frost
A bleak horizon, skies of grey
Hearts of stone, nothing to say

You wander through the streets so bare
Why does nobody even care?
No love, no light
No day, no night

Deep shadows growing day by day
No one to sing, no one to pray
A candle snuffed at every hour
We lose our hope, we lose our power

Drifting slowly through time and space
Sluggishly moving, no rush, no haste
Sunken eyes avoid your stare
Does anybody truly care?

Cold hearts abound, the spark has died
You don't remember if you tried
A smoky haze surrounds your brain
As the cool drizzle turns to rain

1 comment:

  1. i love this poem! it's so sad but kind of comforting that love is still around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.