The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Saturday, March 5, 2011

Flying

Flying up through sunlight and cloud
You float up slowly, enjoying the view
A jet streams past, its engine loud
This exhilarating feeling, so precious and new

You glide through turrets of billowing white
Streaked with colors: orange and red
Loving every moment of this incredible flight
Your body tingles from your toes to your head

How did you get there?
Why are you here?
Going to where?
Are you even near?

You cherish every second you are in the air
The questions fly away as you soar high
Then a bird swoops in and you are a pair
Towards the heavens you gently fly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.