The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone who reads my blog, and I hope the new year brings you all happiness and peace. I have arrived home from a relaxing vacation up north, and I had a much needed break from everything for a couple days of fun and snow. When I have more time, possibly tomorrow, I will be able to collect my thoughts on the trip, write some poems, and find some good pictures to include, but for now I will just wish you well in the year ahead, and hope that all your wishes and resolutions come true. Here are my blog resolutions for this year:

Write Often When I Can
I realize that this year could be very busy, and I am resolved to continue to write as much as possible when I have the time. I would like to try and include more poems on days where I do not have as much going on, like the weekends. This will make up for poems that were written in hast on days where I have a lot on my plate.

Poem of the Week
One of the most inconsistent things about the Quilt is the poem of the week. I have not been changing it every week, but I do feel that is important. I think Sunday is a good day for me, so every Sunday I am resolved to change the poem of the week.

Poem Revolution
I am steadily learning new things about poetry, and my goal is to fit all my learning into the things that I write. I am keen to write better poetry, and I know that the only way to get better is to practice.

Well, those are a couple things I would like to do better in the New Year. What kinds of things would you like to accomplish in the next twelve months? Quilt of Dragonflies thanks you for everything you have done, and for everything I am sure you will continue to do. With 732 posts, 6039 views, and 273 comments, my blog has thrived since its start last December, and I am happy.

Happy New Year!
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.