The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, January 30, 2012

Sick Day

The couch is my kingdom
Littered with blankets, tissues
Books. I read a fairy tale
And sleep. The golden light sprinkled from the windows
Flutters down upon me
Eyelids close, and bars
Of silence float around me
The books spins tales
Of midsummer, fairies
Sprites. They mingle with my sleep
Words and pictures
Sunlight from the window
Dreams and reality
Scattered with the glasses of water
Mugs of tea
Books
Is that a magical light
A dream
Waking eyes stare unblinking
At the ceiling, out the window
Sleeping hidden from the room
Huddled in blankets with pillows
"I have had a most rare vision.
I have had a dream—past the wit of man to say what dream it was."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.