The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, January 2, 2012

Thoughts on the Car Trip Home

The toll worker smiles
Wanly and wrinkles appear
Crags across his aging cheeks
Lights flash past, some distant and others near
Marks of civilization. Fireworks shoot off in glory
The cars turn and watch as golden sparks erupt
At dinner my head pounds
Kids run through the aisles of booths
Laughing and popping balloons
Each pop resounds, a fatal blow
My headache worsens
A family walks by
Mother holding the baby
Father standing proud, robin's egg blue bag
Of diapers by his side
How manly.
Back in the card, I rest my aching temples on the cold glass
Breathing moisture clouds onto the window and slowing rubbing them out
A message to the other cars
Flashing past
Darkness falls
Fog as thick as well, pea soup
Lighting up a lake as we drive past
The ghosts of cars past
In the mirrors
The lake a portal to an eerie world
My feet fall asleep, and I begin to drift
The yellow lines smile up at me
The dozing passenger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.