The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, November 28, 2011

Thank you for Thanksgiving: A little late

On Thanksgiving day, I didn't have the time to thank all the people who deserved it. I love you all, and I am taking this opportunity to give thanks for my wonderful life.


Thank you
For the songs, the music and the dancing
Thank you for making me feel loved
Reaching out to me, raising me, befriending me
Thank you
For helping me discover bit by bit
Who I was
Who I am
Thank you for tears and laughter
Thank you for lighting up the room
When you walk in and
Making me smile when 
You smile
Thank you for supporting me
In worthwhile and
Stupid endeavors
Thank you so much
For loving me, teaching me everything you know
Thank you to those who are
A big part in my life
And thank you to those
I have never even met
You have shaped me
The family, friends, people who care
Thank you for being there
A shoulder to cry on
A hug
When I am least expecting it
Thank you for your humor
And your sorrows
Thank you for opening up and sharing you with me
Thank you for sunny days and inky nights
Beaches and mountains
And cozy couches
Thank you for snuggles
Reading to that little kid
Who would someday grow up
For believing I could achieve anything
And helping me along the way
For getting frustrated and shouting at me
You helped me grow
Thank you for showing me that I was not perfect
And never will be
Thank you for adding patches
To my quilt of life
My quilt of dragonflies too
Thank you for the magic of the moment
Thank you
from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.