The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blue Man Group

violent splashes of color and sound
lights sparkle and burn bright in the dark theater
the audience laugh
hard, from their bellies
cobalt faces staring, cyan fingers twitch
drums beat and sing a deep and solemn song
strobe lights divide time into short bursts
erratic poses and pictures of people
dancing and laughing
clapping and cheering
the band thumps on without a care
neon faces shining in the dark
guitar riffing, cymbal crashing madness
toilet paper streaming from the ceiling
white rolling over the audience, the strips forming crisp patterns
giant tubes gyrate above
they glitter in the black light
everything turned on end
upside down and spinning
reality is shaken
by the azure paint
the fixed stares of
the blue man group

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.