The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting

The lawn mower
From next door drones on
And on
And on
Dull noises surround me
The mundane slap of
A bicycle tire on pavement
Cars whip past
Too busy to care
They splash in the shallow puddles from
A previous rain storm
Several secluded drops of water
Fall from the damp trees
Which glisten
In the off grey light
The clouds sit
Heavy in the skies
Expectant
Though for what I
Have no idea
What
Is everything
Waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.