The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, July 4, 2011

America

Happy 4th of July, Quilt readers! Let us take this time to remember how lucky we are to live in a country like the United States of America.  Here is a poem dedicated to all those who worked for and believed in the American Dream...

Throughout the battlefield where rifles gleam
Each proud man there holds a dream
Under the jacket with faint stains of blood
There sits a bold heart with not a trace of mud
In this world freedom calls and duty sings
Through every newborn valley the bell rings
And just like that, a new nation is born
Blood red, pure white, and true blue are worn
Hope soars high on light and feathery wings
From every soul a song of freedom springs
So find your friend today and clasp their hand
To rejoice in America, this sacred land

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.