The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Queen

Winter Queen
by Claire

The queen in her chariot
Races over hill and dale
Spreading a blanket of whiteness
In her wake
Her long white hair
And long white cloak
Billowing behind her
Her pale arms outstretched
Fingers dropping flakes
Onto the unsuspecting ground
Her wind hounds
Baying and howling
Make her snowflakes
Dance through the air
On their way down to earth
She stands very tall
With a grim smile on her face
Watching drops of white blood
Spilling onto the trees and bushes
Whatever she touches
Turns to ice
She is seperated forever
From the world she once walked on
And in her marble body
Lies a pure heart
White as snow
Yet it still beats
And remembers happy times
As it is forced to race across the sky
Untill the end of the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.