The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, December 5, 2010

Footsteps

Footsteps:
A poem by Claire

On the beach
Running across the bare expanse of sand
Being washed away by the frothing tide

In the snow
Leaving traces of you behind
Mingling with the animal tracks

In a field
Invisible to all but you
You have them in your head

Under the water
Sinking into the sand
Gone before they are there

On a country road
Dust billowing
Can you find them?

In the center of a forest
Deep green hues surround you
The stillness and silence collide

In life
Always following you
Destined never to catch up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.