The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, December 10, 2010

Poet

Poet
By Claire

The poet is
A teller of tales untold
Forming something out of nothing
Crumpling the papers of a thousand mistakes
Head in hands
Despair
Creeps in
From the crack
Under the door
Rises up
Ready to throttle the poet
When the last glimpse of hope is gone
But our steadfast hero
Sees a ray of sunshine
Coming from the window
He raises his tousled head
To the thin stream of hope
Then
Slowly at first
But soon faster and faster and faster
He writes
He picks up the neglected pencil and writes
Scribbling on the last sheet of paper
Desperate to contain the thoughts
That are streaming around him
And out of the open window
The sun shines in
And the room is no longer dim
No longer gloomy
Despair turns and slinks out
For this is no place for unhappiness
Only joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.