The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to School (and a note)

Quick note: Anyone know whose birthday is today? The famous mind behind classics like Pride and Prejudice and Emma...Happy Birthday Jane Austen!!!

and a totally unrelated poem, which is very out of season-

Time for sandals to go away
Waiting for a summer’s day
Backpacks and binders
               Are bought
Battles for school clothes
               Are fought
Haircuts above
                              Suntanned shoulders
Summer reading books
                              As heavy as boulders
Trying your best to
                              Look and feel cool
‘cause it’s getting closer
                              The first day of school
By Claire

1 comment:

  1. I love the poem today--will have to pull it out in late August! I like the battles for school clothes line especially...And happy birthday Jane!

    GRG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.