The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nights in Winter

Nights in Winter
by Claire

a fire crackling
in the hearth
its golden glow
emanating happiness and
warmth
a smoky smell drifting upward
reminding us of summers past
marshmallows float through our thoughts
as we sit
isolated from the rest of the world
blackness spiraling around us
windows fogging up
against the chilly outdoors
snow falls by
like sheets
swaying in a summer breeze
or winter wind
yet we are safe
and warm
inside
from the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.