The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Musings

flowers drawn on the window
scribbles
black and white drawings
nonsense and shapes
colors


the sky broods and sits in wait
grey and intense
sunlight from one corner
one chink of brightness
on a dark afternoon

singing
alone in the house
belt it out

i can hear
the heater whistling
with the sound
of a punctured heart
deflating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.