The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, February 16, 2012

John

Painted glass,
a tinted world of skewed reality
voices sing, a guitar
He is the peacemaker
music man
a face of time gone away,
Lost era
Newspaper taxis
Kaleidoscope eyes
a poet too
Round glasses hiding
tortured eyes
John
forgiven for everything
on that day the world cried
and the music
Came alive again
All that was left
empty chords
I cried
remember him
with every note
A man
who hated
and loved
The world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.