The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, February 17, 2012

Killing Books

I do not read books.
I kill them. Stab my knife into the pages with
A savage joy. Twist until the words jumble and a stream
Of ink rushes down onto the table
The life's blood of a book.
I let it slide through my fingers, feel
Strange joy as the book's soul
Joins with mine. A horrible deed done
I erase the evidence, place the book back on the shelf
Wipe my hands of the ink, the stray words
Clinging to my shirt.
And walk away
Simply a passerby.

1 comment:

  1. I like this scene you have created of an indulgent killer at one moment submerged and the next it is discarded and they move on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.