The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, February 26, 2012

Clouds

The clouds froth and bubble
Stewing in the pot of azure sky
Rumbling and swirling
The products of some powerful spell
Racing, scudding like ships
Across a turbulent sea
Sliding over land 
Huge ocean freighters 
Slow and consistent
Growing heavier as they pick up cargo
Dense and dark, menacing
An angry frown of the sky
Then down comes rain
Open the hold and 
It falls to the ground
Millions of drops
Suspended for a second
In the air

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.