The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, October 24, 2011

To Catch a Sailboat

One day when I was down by the sea
Drinking in the warm summer sun
A magnificent thought came to me
But my adventures had just begun

The sun was shining clear and bright
I saw a sailboat passing near
The sails were crisp and in full height
I almost jumped right off the peer

The sailboat laughed, but me, I cried
To watch it sailing far away
Through the water it did glide
I swore at it and cursed the day

The day the sailboat turned me down
The day my hopes were dashed
I slid into the water and tried to drown
For Oh the sailboat and I did clash

But swim I did and rather fast
Down the narrow, chilly straight
The sailboat snickered from the mast
All the way low to its freight

One day I caught a white sailboat
A day of sunshine clear and bright
And I have learned to gloat and gloat
To sing about my glorious might

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.