The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, October 23, 2011

Concert

Voices raised in joyous melody. 
Soaring on high, melding with the rich wood of the rafters.
Conveying the words of a hundred years past.
Sweet tones, dulcet airs. Everlasting song.
Mouths open and swaying to the tune.
Music so deep it seeps slowly and lazily into your soul.
The chorus brings soft smiles to the faces of those who listen.
The chapel is brimming with noise. With happiness.
Like a cup of sunshine, singing. Drink it up, the warm feeling.
Music in your heart and mind together. Carved wood rejoices when it is hit
By the tender notes
Of a song.

2 comments:

  1. I love the lines "like a cup of sunshine singing/drink it up, the warm feeling. it was an interesting choice of format, but the poem itself was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There. I realized after reading your comment and looking again that the format was a little off. That is one of the areas that I think I am less strong in right now. Making the poem look how I want it to feel. Do you like this version better?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.