The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, October 9, 2011

Foliage

the branches are a blazing pyre
their very souls are breathing fire
leaves the color of cranberry sauce
orange and yellow as silky floss
the sunshine reflects on the tops of the trees
while shards of color float on the breeze
scattered the ground is with fragments of light
orange as pumpkins and sweet as a sprite
soon they will crumple to dark brown and grey
we stare at the leaves, wishing them to stay
but autumn is but one season a year
so let us rejoice while the air is clear

1 comment:

  1. Instead of saying "we stare at the trees", you might want to say "leaves" instead of "trees". The trees stay, but it's the leaves that are beautiful and go away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.