The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Picture

the air ripples my hair, sending clumps over my shoulder
leaves scatter as I shuffle by
a flurry of red, like a dying fire breathing its last breath
the grass is green
but not for long. pieces of gold crackle in the wind, under my feet
the tip of my nose is pink
from the coolness of the afternoon
and the many tissues that irritate it
the sky is a blue so brilliant
that sapphires everywhere
are put to shame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.