The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Watching the Sky

the trees are rustling in the breeze
not loudly, but enough to let me know they are there.
even the grass is louder than I am today. it stirs, completely and utterly alive.
does grass have emotion? I think while watching an ant crawl across my leg.
there are some dead leaves already scattered about the yard. soon the rakes will come out.
is it autumn already? they skitter down the driveway, clacking against the pavement with
that special noise that only dead leaves can make.
it's a little eerie,  to tell the truth.


the back of my neck is getting  little bit chilled in the cool wind. my foot has fallen asleep because
I have been sitting on it. unaware of the pins and needles
I am too caught up in the world around me.
when a car passes, I tell it to hush so I can hear
the buzzing of the last bees of summer.
I shoo the clouds away.today I want to see the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.