The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, September 5, 2011

my poor little pot

A rubbery heap
A cracked tower
Help up by supports
Drooping like
A weary old man
A blob
Nondescript
Silent and sulking
Almost as if it is angry
At me, its creator
For being so infantile
So useless
Of course it cannot feel this way
I tell myself
But still
My fingers scratch its surface
I can almost
Hear the whimper
As my poor little pot
Begins to collapse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.