The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rain

Rainy days. We watch as small drops fall from the sky. How can water
Change our mood, just by falling
Down to earth? The grass is slick and
To be avoided. Cars drive by too quickly
And douse unlucky passers by.
The sky is the color of a
Chalky blackboard. A white wall
No longer perfectly white
But a dull grey from the wrath of time.
The poor trees are left outside all day. They mope and
Hang low. Bicycles stare morosely
From where you left them on the lawn.
They rust in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.