The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, May 15, 2011

Too Many Posts About Rain

Why?
                               when the rain spills from the sky
     do I feel the urge
                            to write a poem
that matches my feelings                                    a solitary
     gray thing      that latches on to my soul
                                     it sits and won't let go until I
                      share it with others in a poem
                                                                            like a virus
    a rainy day virus
                                      clotting the veins and arteries
 of cheerful people
               making them morose in spirit
                                                                       and me
         i feel bad too                                 a rainy day means a rainy
  poem
                                  sorry to disappoint
I will be cured soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.