The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, May 2, 2011

Letting Someone Down

Letting someone you love down
Can make you feel like you're going to drown
Your faith is shrinking day by day
How did you drift so far away?
You thought your dreams were set in stone
Now thinking of them makes you moan
A brick wall blocks your every door
In thoughts you were rich, though now you feel poor
Adventure seems a dull grey thing
You no longer want to laugh or sing
All the plans that were shining and gold
Have started to fester and even grow mold
You wish to curl up in some corner
And stay there forever, a tragic mourner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.