The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dreaming

Lying on my bed in the middle of the night
Between my cozy sheets everything feels just right
My imagination roams the world as I am left to stare
At the ceiling and the walls, which suddenly seem bare
Oceans crash above my head and jungles rustle through
The room which once felt so familiar and is now completely new
Blizzards howl in my ears, the sun shines in my eyes
But in my corner of the world, there's nothing to despise
The lamp that's sitting on my desk casts a shadow on the wall
It ripples into a dragon, the fiercest of them all
As I am blasted with a sheet of flame, I stop and then I smile
For after the worries of the day, this is practically juvenile

Over mountains and valleys I soar, with not a single care
While pirates and bandits sift through treasure in their not-so-secret lairs
The earth becomes a tiny ball in a universe that I can see
And suddenly the planets all begin to revolve around me
I scuttle through city streets and stare up at the stars
Then I rush to Antarctica and continue on to Mars
The Eiffel Tower, New York, Big Ben
I flit through countries, eight, nine, ten
And here I am again surrounded by stuffed teddy bears
Or are they people who think I am famous, and surprise me with their stares?
I watch the brilliant sun go down from a deserted isle
Then take a hot air balloon away with prominent style
My dreamy adventures from my room have only just begun
And I am sure they will only stop with the coming of the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.