The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, February 27, 2011

Too much glue, too much icing

Trees stand
Like many toothpicks
Molded together with too much glue
Fluffy snow covers everything
It is a winter wonderland
But not to me
Maybe in December, when this was my dream
But not February
Not almost March!
The flakes float past my window
I do not even look up
Begging the sky
For rain
Not frozen particles
For sun, for spring
Even icing on a cake grows tiresome
When there is excess
And there is icing in New England
Refusing to melt
To go away
Powdered sugar
Is detestable
Flour and other white substances
Are frowned upon
Men and women itch to put their overused shovels
In the garage for good
Or until next year
When it starts all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.