The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Evening

Dad chops red peppers quickly
Then saws the French bread into slices
Pasta simmers on the stove
NPR tickles our ears
Sitting at the table with the ruby table cloth
The fruit bowl in the middle
Full of apples and unripe bananas
Now I walk
Into the  living room
Plop myself down on the couch
Brother follows
The lamps glow as I pull a blanket
Around my shoulders
Books are stacked neatly on the table
I read the titles
Sideways
 A picture I drew sits
Carelessly left on the floor
Pencil smudged
As a result of my left hand
The radio sings
Music swirling in the background
Dad likes classical
Brothers bicker playfully in another room
I sip my water
Fingernails clicking against the glass
The darkness outside threatens
Yet inside is the warmth of family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.