The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, February 28, 2011

Future

imagining
the rest of your life
can be scary
like diving into a sky blue pool
not knowing how deep
imagining tomorrow
or the day after that
can be scary too
but imagining a sunny day
isn't hard
or a laugh
or a bird, diving from its nest
living
one second
to the fullest
one minute at a time
will make your heart swell
your brain
work its magic
your blood will
 happily
rush through your body
and you will be awake
ready to face the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.