The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, February 25, 2011

Monster Made of Pen

One day a monster came to me
In my notebook, with my pen in my hand
I knew from the first line that  I drew
He would be the terror of the land
He grew a head
With a pointy nose
He grew a slithery tail
He grew a body so enormous
It would have outdone to any whale
His fingers had claws
His toes did too
His teeth were like razors
I'd look out if I were you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.