The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, June 13, 2011

A Teachers Teaching

My brain begins to wither away
At the sight of my text book
Why couldn't I have a mystery
To curl up with in cozy nook?

Math problems that line the board
Make me dizzy, my legs shake
When teachers teach do they realize
Just what happens to be at stake?

A poor child's future is in their hands
Shining brilliantly like the sun
Couldn't they take a little care
And make some things a tiny bit fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.