The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mermaid

Her hair is tangled with the tide
Salty locks rush gently in and out
In and out with the waves
Her pale fingers
Splayed on the sand
Transparent as glass
Her brilliant emerald eyes
Stare inquisitively
Her ruby lips move soundlessly
She is on the edge of her universe
Seashells dot the beach beside her
Pearls as fine as sand glitter from her body
The smells of fish and salt
Linger in the air around her
Gulls swoop over her head
They do not come close
Scales as varied as the sunset
Shine and wink from below her waist
Metallic
Yet strangely warm to the touch
Her powerful tail begins to flap
Massive strokes wash over the beach
Foam is sprayed in an arc over her head
Then she begins to inch back towards the ocean
She is going home
With one last defiant flip
Of auburn hair
She is gone
Into the waves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.