The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, June 17, 2011

Forging Ahead

This end of the year poem is dedicated to all of my dear friends who I will not see next year. I wish you all a wonderful summer and the best of luck next year. You all mean so much to me!
-Claire



behind my smile
under my face
lies tears
they sit in wait for me
ready to pounce
heartfelt goodbyes
ring in my ears
echoing in the emptiness of my heart
a new horizon
can be seen in the distance
but the daylight seems so far away
closing one door
opening a new one
excitement fills me
but so does fear
nervousness
unwillingness to let it all go
the two years I spent
walking through the halls
past orange lockers and giggling friends
am I ready to let it go? 
soon the memories will fade from
sharp and fresh to 
a golden haze
can I discover a new path through the jungle
forgoing ones that already exist?
the iron shield that 
shrouds my emotions feels
weakened
true friends give me
smiles hugs goodbye and promises
to keep in touch
this is not just a summer I am moving towards
this is forever
Can I succeed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.