The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blog Lovin'

Due to a huge snowstorm and a long weekend off from school, I have decided to give my blog some loving. Happy New Year, and I love you, Quilt of Dragonflies! I have been doing lots of writing, wrote a decent villanelle for English a couple weeks ago, and lots of haikus, because they are fun to write and to read. I have been in a regional Shakespeare contest, visited New York City to see two Broadway productions, and I have started a 2013 jar of all the things that make me smile in my life. I encourage everyone to do this latest thing, as it has caused me to be more grateful about the incredible world each one of us has at our fingertips. School has been tough, and we are getting dumped with snow here in New England, but I mostly keep a smile on my face and some colorful scarf around my neck (I love the snow, and I love colorful scarves, so honestly, winter hasn't been too bad). I have been singing, dancing, writing, reading, knitting, and generally finding little things to make me happy in the cold dark days filled with stressful tests and gusts of wind. I hope to bombard the Quilt with poetry shortly, as I find all the writing I have been doing and put it up for the world to see. Many thanks to the followers who have stayed with me despite my prolonged absences. You guys are the best!

Claire


My 2013 jar on New Year's Day. Since then I have been adding plenty of vibrantly colored strips of paper, filled with touching experiences. 

A beautiful morning in my town. We have had a decent amount of snow here, including the 2+ feet which was dumped on us yesterday!

A Broadway weekend in New York. Every time I visit that city, I end up never wanting to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.