The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Question From a Friend

recently i was asked a question by a friend. a question that made me ponder
as i feel asleep each night and woke up each morning, this question stayed with me, floating in the back of my mind. each time i smiled or ate a quiet breakfast with a book or struggled
over an essay. at some point, or maybe a collection of points, a litany of moments, i discovered
that i had an answer.
here it is.

What are you going to do?
                What am I going to do?
well, i am going to live the way that i want to live. i am going to dance and sing and laugh.
i will probably also be laughed at.
i am going to brighten someone's day by sharing with them a secret smile, though i may not know them.
i am going to love and be loved.
i am going to run outside at the first drop of the first spring rain fall, without my rain boots on. then, i will turn my face to the sky and catch the first drops of a new season on my tongue.
i am going to be sad, watch my face get runny in the bathroom mirror as i begin to cry. but i will feel better soon.
i am going to listen to music that makes me sing along, loud, with the car windows down. i will hear the symphony of the everyday.
i am going to tell secrets with my brothers under the summer sun. i will watch the stars. i will say good morning to the people i meet.
i am going to hibernate in the cocoon of my blankets on winter nights and listen to the roar of the wind.
i am going to do well in school. i will make my family proud.
i am going to live life without regrets. well, i will regret saying that. but i can always try.
i am going to find my friends and hold them close. and always tell everyone what they mean to me. while i can.
i am going to let happiness into my life, even on the cloudy days.
i am going to do the best i can. it may not always be the right thing, but i can apologize.
i am going to live the way that i want to live.
you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.