The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, May 18, 2012

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

I hate partings
I really do
Where your eyes mist over and you smile
Like there is nothing the matter in the world
Everybody is smiling
Smiling as tears run down their faces
You laugh with the rest
But inside you are breaking
Just a little bit
So are they
So is everyone

The room is laughing
at a joke someone made
Putting a hasty patch on the farewell
Just one more line
One more night
Together

The future is bright
For everyone
But standing in the middle of the road
You want to look back desperately
Instead of forwards
Safe in the life you have
You laugh
We laugh

I hate partings
Hate the tearful hugs and
Sentimental speeches
One less second until you are gone
But what are you supposed to do?
When one fabric is torn apart
Leaving you to slap on
Quick stitches in
its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.