The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, May 3, 2012

Julius Caesar


Friends
Romans
Countrymen
Blood falls to the ground
Quietly, no man hears
The sounds of knives
No honorable man lives
Without remorse
No man sees treachery as good
Or evil
Simply the ways of Rome
To bathe hands in bloody fountains
Impassion masses
Against one they loved
With open arms
To come from war
A hero
And to be slain
Ambition?
Or simply human nature
To rise against the powerful
Inspire the weak
Plot in nights
Of thunder and minds
Not quite decided
No man believes
The soothsayer
The one who was right
In the end
End?
The bloody spiral continues
Downward
Even when the last man runs
Into his sword
There is another to take his place
In the eyes and hearts of Rome
And so it was with Caesar.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, definitely inspires the passion of past courage and honour in the face of so much war.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.