The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, April 29, 2012

Am I?

Am I like the sun
Which shines bright upon the world
Bringing golden joy to those who
Turn their heads to face
The sky
Am I the water
Cool and sincere
Slicing waves that fall
Onto the earth and
Lap at the feet
Of those who care
Am I there
In the moment
When the laugh ripples through the crowd
Am I there
To watch the rising ball of fire in the east
Or see the grey green ocean
Am I there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.