The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Thursday, March 1, 2012

Alone

in a small place
warm and dark
intoxicating
curled into a small ball
head on your knees
cradled in your arms
around, snow falls
silent and still
the trees watch
you lie
watching the whiteness all around you
aimlessly drifting
like you
uncertain
piling on the ground
so many flakes
come together
you lie alone
curled
feet
strangely
at peace
from the turmoil inside
and out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.